Dr. mr. Dersim Yabasun is an immigration lawyer. Before being sworn in as attorney at law and joining Arslan Lit Lawyers, he worked for several years as lecturer and postdoctoral researcher at Maastricht University.
In 2019 Dersim obtained his PhD on the topic of vulnerable asylum applicants in the Common European Asylum System. Furthermore, he has undertaken research for the European Parliament and he has published several articles in legal journals. Dersim studied law at Maastricht University and also human rights law at the European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) in Venice and at the Institut des Hautes Études Européennes (IHEE), University of Strasbourg.
- The common European asylum system: Vulnerable asylum applicants, Wolf Legal Publishers, 2019.
- Hervorming Europees asielbeleid: Commissievoorstel Procedureverordening, Journaal Vreemdelingenrecht, 2017.
- Hervorming Europees asielbeleid: Commissievoorstel Kwalificatieverordening, Journaal Vreemdelingenrecht, 2016.
- Wagner, M., Dimitriadi, A., O’Donell, R., Perumadan, J., Schlotzhauer, J. H., Simic, I., & Yabasun, D., The implementation of the Common European asylum system, European Parliament, 2016.
- Yabasun, D. H. & Holvoet, M., Seeking asylum before the International Criminal Court. Another challenge for a court in need of credibility, International Criminal Law Review, 13(3), 725 – 745, Brill Academic Publishers, 2013.
- The revised Asylum Qualification Directive: a first step towards the completion of a common European asylum system by 2012, Journaal Vreemdelingenrecht, 2012.