USA Desk

Thanks to the Dutch American Friendship Treaty, also referred to as DAFT, American nationals enjoy relatively easy access to residency here in the Netherlands. The DAFT provides a simple and straight forward scheme for Americans working on self-employed basis to obtain a residence permit. So why would you need professional assistance?

To begin with, getting through the red tape of Dutch bureaucracy. Although the requirements are simple, getting things organized in a country which is foreign to you and with a bureaucracy very different from the US-system can be a challenge. Having someone to navigate you through all of this, is not just unburdening but also can avoid needless mistakes and loss of time.

Moving to the Netherlands and setting up a business here, of course has fiscal implications. A wrong choice in the beginning, can have irreparable fiscal consequences for the future, potentially costing you a lot of money in taxes.

But it doesn’t end here. Yes, the DAFT is a great scheme, but who says this is at all suited for you. There are alternatives under Dutch (and EU) immigration law, which might fit your situation better than the DAFT, now or in the long run.

Even though the DAFT procedure is not very complicated, moving to a foreign country is. There are always pitfalls and unforeseen legal issues along the way. With our legal support these unforeseen issues can either be avoided or solved as smoothly as possible. This is what we have been doing for many years.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions. We are more than happy to help you. You can either reach us by phone, 0031202332466, or by email We can also be reached through our social media channels listed below.